About Coaching Cheerleaders
UpdatedThursday May 30, 2019 byJennifer Banks.
Thank you for your interest in serving as a cheer coach with NBYAA! Coaching kids is fun and rewarding. There are a few requirements for coaching:
- You must pass a background check, and this process is conducted through our website package with SportSignUp Play. The background check is valid for 2 years.
- You must have a functional email address and phone number. Communicating with the commissioners and with your team is a big part of your responsibility. We frequently need to get in touch with coaches about schedules, cancellations due to weather, etc. And coaches need to pass this info along to their team. The easiest way to do this is by using the S.I. Play app on a smartphone.
- Coaches are expected to attend the vast majority of practices as well as the cheer camp.
- If you’d like to coach, please register yourself in our system as a volunteer (similar process as registering your child to play.)
- If you have questions about coaching, please email contact Victoria Woodie at 828-989-1928.